Would you like to know what you need to enjoy the sun without getting burned or risking skin damage?
You need products so beautifully scented you’d like to rub them on just for this reason alone. They should have a texture that is quick and easy to use, rather than beeing messy and time consuming. Finally, you need them at hand, for those just in case moments.
Here are my current sunscreen favourites:
- Piz Buin Dry Touch is going to be your secret agent in the city and on the beach. Its ultra light formula is quick to apply and you won’t even feel it’s on your skin. There are face and body products in the range. This new collection was launched a few months ago and with its new, innovative technology has won me over instantly. I’m loving using the Face Dry Touch lotion as it doesn’t clog my pores, smells good and creates a perfect makeup base too. You can read a full review of the range here.
- If you’re off to a sunny destination and you’re planning to stick your limbs out in the sun, you really need to use new Clarins Sun Oil SPF 30. Clarins has over 30 years of experience in sun care so their formulas are truly nourishing. This oil is rich in fatty acids, plus omega 6 and 9 to keep your skin soft and hydrated in the sun. You need good hydration, because when you keep your skin nourished your tan will look much nicer and last longer. This new oil combines some of the best plants’ extracts and sun filters to protect the skin from UV rays. It’s a multi use oil so it’ll also prevent your hair from becoming dry and damaged from the sun and sea salt. The smell is fantastic too. It’s by far the nicest of all my sun protection products. I sometimes spray it on my legs and arms even if I’m not going out in the sun. The texture of this Sun Oil is somewhere between traditional oil and a dry oil. It absorbs easier than a traditional oil and it doesn’t feel greasy on the skin. At the same time you can feel it’s nourishing, unlike some dry oils that can leave your skin feeling weirdly dry.
- Next, your handbag summer essential is the Murad Essential C Stick SPF 30 | PA +++ This new sunscreen balm from Murad is something you should always have in your handbag for those just in case moments. Its balmy texture is very soothing on dry or sensitive skin. Its purpose is to give you extra protection, nourishment and soothe irritation. Keep it in your pocket or handbag and pop it on whenever you feel some part of your body is burning in the sun. It’s particularly good for the delicate skin on your face, neck and chest. It’s purpose is to to top up your sun protection on the more exposed areas.
- With the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 15 you’ll smell like walking vanilla & coconut dessert! The smell isn’t overpowering but might bother you if you genuinely dislike sweet scents. If your skin is dry it might be a nice choice as its light, lotion texture won’t leave your skin tacky even on a hot summer day and it’ll provide 12 hour moisturisation.
- Finally, my favourite high protection face sunscreen; the Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defence SPF 50 PA+++. I’ve used it many times; in a hot climate, in the city under my makeup and in the winter on a skiing holidays. This face sun protection lotion is so lightweight it absorbs instantly. I have combination to oily skin and Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defence SPF 50 PA+++ has always been good for me and never brought me out with blemishes. It’s a lovely product with both high UVA and UVB ray protection. It unscented so won’t irritate even sensitive skin. Definitely one I’ll repurchase.
I hope this shot guide will make choosing the right sunscreen for you easier. Don’t forget to use your sun care even if it’s cloudy. Shield yourself from free radicals. UVA (the ageing rays) make up 95% of UV radiation which is reaching the earth. UVA rays penetrate via clouds and glass so if you’re not protecting your skin on a cloudy day you’re allowing those rays to penetrate into your skin and cause damage.
Now, tell me please, what’s your favourite sunscreen?