Sometimes there’s no point to pay a lot of money for a pretty bottle, when cheaper drugstore brands bring out some amazing products.
I came across these few items recently and they were simply too got not to mention to you all. So here are 5 different products I think you should at lest swatch when you’re next in your local drug store.
- La Roche Posay BB Blur. This is a summer must have. This instant oil absorbing coverage cream mousse works alone and as a primer. Gives your skin an instantly even appearance, smooth texture and takes away shine. BB Blur feels incredibly comfortable on the skin. No surprise, it’s La Roche-Posay after all. This french pharmacy brand never disappoints. Products are fantastic and affordable. Currently at Boots.com for just £12.37 you really can’t go wrong with it. Oh and it also has SPF 20.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor. If you’re after a matt lip product but you still want the comfort of a traditional lipstick, I’d suggest you swatch some shades from new Revlon range. There are 7 shades and all are pretty. I picked 3 myself. The texture is fab too. They even smell lovely. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor comes as a gloss but the texture is more creamy and on the lips it feels more like a traditional lipstick. They aren’t super long lasting but they’re not coming off right away either.
- L’Oreal Nude Magique Cushion foundation. This new foundation gives you a dewy, light to medium finish. It’s incredibly easy to use. I think it might be just your holiday season makeup base of choice. All you need to do is tap, tap your applicator pad all over your face and job’s done. It comes in a compact with a mirror and the applicator is included inside. It’s light to medium coverage so if you have some skin imperfections or pimples you might need to help yourself with a concealer but it does create a lovely fresh finish. I don’t find it very long lasting, but then I have an oily skin type, nevertheless I enjoy using it on the days when I want to achieve a barely-there makeup look on my skin. I’m sure it’ll last much better on dry to combination skin. If you’ve used it let me know how you’re finding it.
- CoLab Active. There’s a new dry shampoo from CoLab developed by a collective of beauty experts, led by Ruth Crilly from a Model Recommends. Now this new formula is a must have for anyone who decided to get a little more active and go back to the gym. It might be just the thing for you if you’re going to chill by the pool, by the beach or simply are always on the go. It has UV protection, pollution protection and even helps to condition your scalp, which makes it the perfect summer essential to protect your hair.
- Vichy Ideal Soleil. Finally, last but not least is this high performance, easy to use sun protection. Vichy is also a French Pharmacy brand and you can find their products in your local Boots stores and various independent pharmacies. Look for the new Invisible hydrating mist with an SPF 50. The spray makes it much easier to be used on the go and helps reapplication without the fuss, especially if you have to do it yourself. Then there is the new After-Sun oil, which if you’re lazy you can even use in the shower. This is fab as using after sun truly helps to nourish your skin, and you’ll find the tan you worked so hard for will last much longer. They’re both on offer at the moment at Boots. com.You can grab your Invisible Hydrating Mist for £13.50 here and the and the After Sun Double use oil for £9.75 here.