Another affordable gadget appeared recently on the drugstores beauty shelves. Before you go and jump to purchase one of these there are a couple of things you should know though.
- It’s more time consuming than you may anticipate. It’ll take you quite some time to figure out how much product you need and how to blend it on your skin for good results. It took me half a leg before I was somehow efficient. So if you think it’s as easy as it looks when you have it done in a salon you’ll probably find yourself fiddling around for some time.
- This isn’t something you can just do quickly and run out the door. Your wax needs to melt in the pot first. It needs to reach the right temperature to become soft so it’s ready to use. This takes about 30 minutes if you’re melting 4 discs.
- You’ll use more wax discs than the company says. I’m also not the only person who said that. When I bought my set I also bought additional disks just in case. To do both of my half legs I use all 4 discs. Your set will come with an initial 4 discs. Later you can buy a pack of 6 discs for around £10 and if you were thinking of waxing your full leg you’ll certainly need at least that for each session.
- Your set comes with a plastic spatula to apply your wax. There’s nothing wrong with it except the fact that I simply cant remove the remaining wax left on it, even using the suggested method of cleansing with oil. I think eventually this will get very grubby and messy. I’d rather have a disposable one.
- Keeping your pot clean and clear from wax on the rim may prove harder than it seems. Each time you take some wax out of the pot there are tiny strings of wax pulling behind. This wax sticks to the pot. If you work fast you can remove some of it but I think with time it’ll build up and putting the lid back on my become tricky. Veet suggest to use some oil to remove any wax on on the rim of the pot, but I don’t find it effective at all. If you have a method then please share.
- It’s difficult to use this wax on the back of your legs as it’s liquid and hardens quickly. Of course it’s super hard to see what you’re doing as well. I simply gave up. Using strip wax on the other hand is not a problem as you don’t have to worry about it going everywere else but your legs. So if you don’t have anyone to help you out, you may want to consider using the good old ready made wax strips.
- The final result I achieved was very good. Saying this it would be comparable to the results I get when using my Veet strip wax.
- You’ll have to remove any remaining bits of wax from your skin. You’ll need some oil or Veet Wax removal wipes. Make sure you have one of these handy before you start waxing.
To buy or not to buy.
It very much depends on your personal preferences and circumstances. If you’re good with all beauty tricks you’ll probably find it easy to use. If time is not an issue you may like it. But if you like a quick and fuss free option I’d suggest you stick to your regular visits to a salon or the ready made Veet wax strips.
You can buy Veet Spawax Strapless Wax Kit only at boots. If you’d like to buy it online you can use this link.
If you had a chance to use the Veet strapless wax pot and you love it, please do share with us your tips on how to get the most of it.