Being a beauty geek and working within the beauty industry for 20 years means I get to try a lot of products. Some of them are good, some are bad. Others are excellent. The latter become my beauty staples, which I repurchase again and again. These are products you’ll hear me talk about in my blogs. I rave about them to my friends and carry them in my makeup bag.
Today I’d like to share with you a list of the beauty products I discovered last year that I have fallen in love with and used every day since. These beauties are worth your money and deliver fantastic results. Let’s look at the best beauty products of 2014.
10 top beauty products of 2014 list
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Liner in Pillow Talk £16 This lip liner is simply the best. Its perfectly balanced nude-pink shade and truly long-lasting formula will let you perfectly shape your lips and make them look fuller yet natural. I always have one in my bag. Once you try it you’re hooked for good. I talked about it here.
- Blue Plasma by Perricone MD £ 79This is a serious must have for anyone with a dull complexion or congested skin. Don’t be put off by its slightly fishy smell as it disappears after a minute and your skin will glow like never before. The bottle lasts about 6 months. I talked about it in one of my favourites videos. You will find more on it here.
- Clarisonic From £125, Starting using Clarisonic daily in my cleansing routine has turned my skin around, turning it from quite oily to more on the normal side. It’s clearer, brighter and my pores are tighter too. You can expect an in depth post on Clarisonic coming up soon.
- Phyto Densyfing Shampoo £13.50 is another great product in my list of top Best Beauty Products of 2014. I’m on my third bottle and can’t see myself changing to any other shampoo any time soon. It really helps with my concerns and isn’t causing scalp sensitivity, which I find is the case with most shampoos if I stick to them for more than a few weeks. It also keeps my hair and scalp feeling clean and my hair is soft, shiny and easy to style.
- Double Serum Clarins. £55 This was a true serum discovery of the year. Actually, it’s probably one of the best serums I’ve tried in quite a few years. You can read my full review here
- Hydra Quench Tinted Moisturiser. £30This lovely, light moisturiser has a hint of pigment to perfect the appearance of the skin whilst keeping it perfectly hydrated. It has been my to go product since it launched in June. You can see me talking about it in this video here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Eye Palette in Dolce Vita £38 This palette became my favourite eye palette this year. Perfect colour combination. Rich pigments and lasting, easy to apply formula meant I wore it more than anything else and carried it around wherever I went. I shared in a video my favourite look I create with this palette, you can see it in action here.
- By Terry Touche Velouté £35 This under eye concealer is superb. Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, it keeps the skin around your eyes looking smooth and well hydrated. It is a bit more expensive than competitive brands but you’ll get much more product in it as well. You can see me talking about it in my April monthly favourites video here.
- Invisible: £3.75 I thought this product was a massive gimmick. But I had to eat my own words on that one, when I started using it and found it really was worth the hype. It leaves no kink and doesn’t pull your hair so you won’t get headaches. It’s easy to remove without pulling and breaking hair. Holds firm, lasts long and comes in many pretty colours. Invisibobble is perfect for tying pony tails and putting even slick hair up. I have a jar full of them now and got rid of all other hair bands. It’s a clever little product so it had to make the shortcut to my list of Best Beauty Products of 2014.
- Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Eye and Lip Cream. I liked the idea of a lip and eye care product. Its light creamy texture blends and absorbs easily. Designed with age prevention in mind it’ll keep your eye area wrinkle free for longer. It did a pretty good job on banishing darkness under my eyes too. It’s perfect for anyone from early 20’s to mid 30’
I hope this list will give you some ideas on products you may want to check out this year.
What was your Best Beauty Products of 2014?