Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter (Irish beautician) has launched in the UK. Cocoa Brown was developed with sensitive skin in mind as Marissa suffers from psoriasis and eczema. It has very quickly become no.1 selling self tan in Ireland.
Marissa claims that Cocoa Brown tan doesn’t smell of fake tan at all, instead you get a lovely scent of gardenias and it needs only an hour to develop.
Could this all be true?
So why everyone loves Cocoa Brown so much?
- It has a seal of approval from those with the most sensitive skin. If you suffer with eczema or psoriasis I suggest you visit The Flaky Fashionista blog and see what she has to say about her experience with Cocoa Brown Tan. She suffers with psoriasis and has already tested it for you.
- Secondly it doesn’t smell of self tan at all! Instead it’s perfumed with gardenias.
- It only takes an hour to develop in to a lovely light glow. Keep it on for 2 hours if you would prefer a medium tan and 3 hours for a deep bronze look.
- You getting a real steel with this range as all products are under £10 making Cocoa Brown totally accessible for all tan lovers and very very competitive on the market.
Tried and Tested – First Impression
After seeing Marissa’s skin looking rather scrumptious at the UK launch party, I got home, locked myself in the bathroom and got to work…
This is a totally girly product with not only pink packaging but the product itself is also pink. Even though I usually don’t like to manifest my femininity with all things pink, I found it actually kind of cute. The scent is absolutely gorgeous and when it comes to performance you should know it’ll scrub away every last bit of dry patchy skin. It’s more like a dermabrasion for the body. I would use it once or twice a month and other more gentle scrubs in between, even though Marrissa says it can be used up to 4 times a week.
You’d love using it to:
- remove the remains of your old tan.
- prep you body before you apply your self tan.
- to keep your skin looking youthful and smooth
So after polishing my body I was ready to ‘bake’ :)
With my TAN MITT I applied my GENTLE BRONZE. This is a gradual tanning formula so by using it daily you can build it up. The tan mitt made the application very easy and I didn’t have to worry about getting my palms looking all orange the next day. Now I only had to wait….
How good a tan under £10 can be?
How orange will I look?
How bad the smell will get?
An hour later…
The smell was the biggest surprise, or rather lack of it. I was so shocked Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze didn’t smell of fake tan I thought it won’t work. I was quite convinced that a product at this price point simply can’t live up to my expectations, so I kept sniffing my body. I haven’t detected the smallest hint of the typical burned biscuit self tan smell.
2-3 hours later…
My legs were now sort of golden-brown colour and looking good. Quite frankly I was gobsmacked.
So far I’m impressed. But I’m yet to try Lovely Legs instant tan from Cocoa Brown, which is on my to test list.
You can find a range of products to suit your needs and preferences.
- Tough Stuff – to scrub and polish your body.
- Chocolate Whip – an oil-free body moisturiser to use before and after you’ve used your self tan.
- 1 Hour Tan – for quick tan and no fuss
- Gentle Bronze – if you only like a little bit of a health glow
- Lovely Legs – instant tan for those just in case moments
- Finally a Tan Mitt to protect your hands from getting dirty and for easier application
Now I have to repeat myself here but ALL the Cocoa Brown products are priced under £10!!
You can find Cocoa Brow in Superdrug and selected Primark stores or online at FeelUnique.com
Have you ever tried any other self tan that doesn’t smell at all?