Have you ever thought why your pores are getting fatter? What makes them look so big and obvious? Here I’ve listed the 5 main reasons, hoping that it’ll help you prevent or treat those enlarged pores.
5 reasons why your pores are getting fatter!
- Dirt, oils and bacteria accumulate in the pores causing them to stretch, expanding the diameter. You will notice on your skin some blackheads and blemishes.
- Sun damage. UVA and UVB rays damage skin and lead to larger and damaged pores.
- Loss of collagen. Since hitting 25, your collagen is decreasing by about 1% every year. The more collagen we lose the weaker the pores natural support structure is allowing more dirt and debris to collect in them.
- Natural ageing. Skin thins and pores begin to dilate, making them more visible.
- Stress – being stressed can weaken the skin. As a result, your pores appear bigger.
5 ways to keep your pores in a perfect shape by following these steps:
- Cleanse daily and exfoliate your skin once or twice a week,
- Use sun protection daily, even during the winter and even when it’s cloudy,
- Use moisturisers, which help to boost collagen production in your skin. You can reach for diet supplements too.
- If your pores dilate with age, use pore refining serums and treatments such as Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator from Murad or White Brilliance – Wrinkle and Pore Refining Treatment also by Murad.
- Relax. Worry less and smile more.